Separating Myth from Truth…
If you’re wondering: “Is the Wealthy Affiliate a Scam or Not?” the answer is…
No, it’s most definitely Not a Scam.
I gotta be honest with you, when I found out about them on Google for the first time, I was a bit sceptical, to say the least.
Why is it so difficult to believe they’re for real?
If you look at what you get for how much you pay…
… it does seem a bit far fetched.
What Exactly is Wealthy Affiliate?
From my experience my own definition would probably be that it’s a platform with tools to and an online community where people building websites to make money online.
It’s much more than a bunch of like-minded people getting together and sharing knowledge.
It’s also a hosting platform, a training platform, it provides lots of tools for writing articles, doing keyword research and so much more!
What do you get for Free?
By using their free giveaways, you can build up to two websites that you can use to make money from home.
In a nutshell, you get:
- a platform to use for free to build your very own website
- Training to build a basic website
- And they even give you free hosting for 2 different websites
That’s right, you get a free website builder, you get web hosting for free and included for free is training to build two websites.
The training you receive for free can be divided into 3 parts:
- Online Certificate (module 1) where at the end you have built a basic website
- Affiliate Bootcamp (phase 1) where you learn to build an affiliate site (it’s based on the Wealthy Affiliate (WA affiliate program, but you can build anything you want)
- Training Tutorials and Training Videos
- 100’s of Blog Posts and Blog Articles
Is that it?
Being in a society of freebies, we always want more.
True to form and not failing to impress, there are a few other things included as well:
- WA Community where you can post questions and get answers to learn the best practices for any question related to building your website
- Business Networking – because you’re in a community of people that have been building websites to make money online for years, you get to learn from the best!
- The ability to create blog posts and share them with the community. This is where you can start building your reputation…
- Access to the Affiliate program, where you get taught (Bootcamp) how to create an affiliate site to start earning recurring income.
Above is an example of me asking a question (typing in a phrase really) for “Amazon Affiliate”.
As you can see there are blog posts within the community that answers your questions, and if not, you can create a new post and get a lightning fast quality response.
The one’s marked Premium are only for paid members, but the rest are free.
Oh, and did I mention it’s FREE?
There’s also no time restrictions.
The Wealthy Affiliate uses the best free website builder that I’ve used. It’s built on a platform called Site Rubix (think of it as Word Press Express), which does all the heavy lifting (techie stuff) for you in the background.
Building a Website literally takes Less than 30 Seconds!!
If you wanna see how it’s done, click here to check it out.
Granted, it’s an empty shell that you have to add content (pages and/or posts) to, but hey, under 2 minutes from idea to seeing it live on your pc, tablet or phone?
I reckon that’s pretty impressive.
If you want to try it yourself, give it a test drive below.
Any device, anytime anywhere…
Talking about tablet and smartphones, the sites they allow you to build are responsive, using the latest web technologies.
What that means is that you build your site, and it conforms to the screen size of any device accessing your site.
That means you don’t have to create a separate site for mobile devices!
So… If you get that all for free, What do you Get as a Member?
I was surprised (as I’m sure you are right now) at what all you get for free.
The true value in my humble opinion (oh, and that of about 100,000 others) is in the members area.
Hang on, hang on. Before you go any further, how much does all this cost?
Free version (Starter Member) is $0.
For paid memberships, there are two options:
- Monthly is $49 ($19 for your first month)
- Yearly is $359 (works out to about $30 per month)
Another thing that I like about WA is that there are no Up-Sells. I briefly tried another Affiliate Program, but as soon as you pay the low fee, you’re bombarded with “Pay for this” and “Buy that” e-mails.
I haven’t experienced anything like that at WA.
Now that we’ve got the “So how much does this cost” out of the way, let’s see what Perks there are for Members…
Member Perk #1: Private Access to the Site Owners (Kyle and Carson)
That’s right. You can private message the owners (with an excess of 20 years experience between them) if you have any questions (i.e. Why your site or a post isn’t converting).
Member Perk #2: 50 Websites that You can Create and they Host
They allow you to host 50 websites (hosting cost is included in your membership) of your own!
25 of them you can host using your own domain names (www.yourownwebsite.com) and the other 25 on WA sub domains.
If you choose to use your own domain names, you’ll either have to transfer them from your existing provider or get a new one (they cost about $12 – $14 each).
To be honest, I don’t know if you’ll ever use all the sites you can host for free.
I haven’t got anywhere close to my limit and I can’t imagine ever getting there.
Then again, if you employ workers from UpWork or even Fiverr, maybe you can…
Member Perk #3: Full Access to Site Rubix
Above are the apps you get with Site Rubix.
As you can see, there’s quite a bit there.
Take it from someone that has been developing websites for years, having a centrally managed platform that seamlessly does your organising and some of your admin tasks is heaven sent!
As a premium member, you enjoy the benefits of having site engagement (getting Site Comments and Feedback) to help with your Google Rankings and other experienced site builders giving you tips and hints.
Member Perk #4: Unlimited Keyword Searches
There are lots of things I love about the WA platform, but I have to say this is one of my best (definitely in the top 3).
Keyword, if you’re not sue, is what people type into their search engine (i.e. Google) and what you’re aiming for is to provide information for that person doing that search.
As you can see above, I typed in a search for “making money online”.
The result set I then sorted in a descending order (Traffic – which shows the amount of monthly traffic you can expect on your site if you are ranked on page 1 of Google).
It turns out that make money online is a better keyword to use (traffic-wise).
It provides you with other information as well, such as Article Power (score of how good an article the keyword should make) and PPC Power (Pay Per Click).
Other than giving you alternate words for your keyword search, one of the things that I really like about this keyword tool is Competition.
In the WA training <Link> they teach you how to use that.
As an example, if I wanted to checkout what the competition is for the last row in the above table, “make money online for”, the following is returned:
The 91 indicates that there are only 91 other pages competing for this keyword.
Under 100 is usually very good (easy to rank on first page of Google IF you have good content).
Under 200 is about medium difficulty and over 300 is a no-go saturated zone.
Just under 27,000 expected monthly visitors and only 91 other competing for the keyword…
Now that’s what I call a golden nugget!
In a practical sense, you would probably use that keyword in a title which could be:
Make Money Online for your Favourite Charity – a Step by Step Guide.
Member Perk #5: Weekly Live Video Classes on Cutting Edge Topics
Above are examples of Live Video Classes that are done every week.
The topics, as you can see from the examples, covers a wide variety of topics that help you create the best blog or website possible.
They are all about an hour long and are jam-packed with best practices and cutting edge information.
Because they’re live, they’re interactive as well, which means that if you have any questions for the presenter, you can ask them in a chat room.
If you missed any classes (even those that were done before you became a member) you can go back any time and watch a replay.
Member Perk #6: Full Access to the Online Entrepreneur Certification
For the free members, you get to do the Getting Started level. That consists of 31 tasks, which at the end you’ll have an understanding of the processes involved for you to make money online.
At the end of it you’ll also have built a basic website.
As you can see from the topics above, as a member the other 5 levels are SO WORTH IT.
Is That it?
There are lots of other benefits to becoming a member, which I haven’t mentioned (that’s because there’e so much!!).
Some that are notable are:
- Full access to the Affiliate Bootcamp (great if you’re not sure what to promote and need help every step of the way. Also great for a promoting a product that is worth promoting and rewards very well)
- Access to all the training modules (videos and blogs posts)
- Networking with other WA members – some are experts that are at the top of their game and willing to advise
- You get a higher commission for their Affiliate program
- There are other benefits as well, check it out by following this link
- $0 Option that includes hosting, training and much more
- You get a Centrally Managed Web Hosting Platform
- You get a Keyword Tool that is great for your Research
- You get Training on Every Topic that you Need to Learn in order to Create Your Online Success in a variety of different formats
- You get to Connect with a Community of Affiliate Marketers who Love to Share Their Knowledge
- Some other stuff like free SSL (secured site – essential for Google trust), Unlimited e-mail accounts for your sites, Support, etc.
- The Affiliate Bootcamp part of the training concentrates mostly on you selling their product. You don’t have to do the Bootcamp though and if you do, you can also decide to do it, but with a different product. Then again, if you’re not sure what to promote, it’s actually a positive and not a negative.
What are others saying about Wealthy Affiliate?
Final Verdict: Is Wealthy Affiliate Worth It?
I have to say, even though I’ve only been using the WA platform for about 3 months now, my answer is an astounding yes.
If you look at the amount you pay and what you get (web hosting, training, tools, advise, etc.) there’s more than enough for anyone that wants to build an online business and is not afraid of hard work to experience success.
Wealthy Affiliate F.A.Q
Q: Where can I get more information on Wealthy Affiliate?
Q: What’s the time limit on using the free web hosting?
A. There is no time limit.
Q: Is Wealthy Affiliate a Scam?
A. No, it’s not.
Q: How much money can I make by using the Wealthy Affiliate platform?
A. Unfortunately there’s no single answer to this question. If you follow the training and APPLY WHAT YOU’VE LEARNT, your chances of success will increase tremendously.
Good Luck, and here’s to You Building a Successful Online Business!